Compete in the fight for the top place! AniManGaki 2018 is bringing you our annual cosplay competition! The winning team of the AniManGaki 2018 Cosplay XTH ('tenth') will also qualify for Comic Fiesta's exclusive invite-only Cosplay Invitational 2018.
How to participate
Fill up registration form
Complete the registration form. First come first serve basis.
Closing at 29th July 2018 at 11.59PM (GMT+8).
Email will be sent to you within 1 week of registration submission.
AniManGaki 2018 : Cosplay XTH
On 19 August 2018. Prize giving ceremony will be held on the same day.
- Please complete the registration form with required details. Should you encounter any submission difficulty, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration officially ends on 29th July 2018 at 11.59PM (GMT+8) or when all 10* slots are taken, whichever earlier. Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis. *Subject to change
- Every submission is final; please ensure all details provided are complete & accurate. Incomplete & inaccurate submissions will be disqualified.
- An acknowledgement email will be sent to you within 1 week of registration submission, confirming your participation in the competition.
Cosplay Apparels & Props
- Make sure your props are sturdy enough for your performance to avoid damaging any stage equipment or harming the audience.
- As AniManGaki is a family friendly event, the following is not allowed:
- Explicit clothing
- Sharp or metal props
- Illegal apparels as stated by the Malaysia Law
- Illegal weapons as stated by the Malaysian Firearms Law
- Live or loaded projectile weaponry, including any types of gun
- Liquids, powder, explosive, corrosive, radioactive, abrasive, confetti, glitter or any other fragmented prop which are difficult to clean upon performance are not allowed.
- Limited number of chairs and tables as well as microphones will only be provided upon request by emailing to email@example.com under the subject title "AMG Cosplay X - Team Name" on/before 12 August 2018.
- Participants are given up to 6 minutes of performance time, inclusive of up to 2 minutes for setup and up to 1 minute for cleanup.
- As AniManGaki is a family friendly event, no explicit or NSFW behaviours are allowed during performances. Please keep the swearing to a minimum as well.
- Should you require the usage of audio and video* files for your performance, please email us the files latest on/before 12th August 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject title "AMG Cosplay X – Team Name".
- Space allocated for the performance is a minimum of 4m x 6m**
*All videos should be prepared at 1080p of 16:9 aspect ratio in .mp4 format.
**This is an approximate. Stage measures at approximately 7m x 12m, height is approximately 1m.
Rules & Regulation
- This competition is open to all regardless of nationality.
- Entries must consist of minimum 2, maximum 3 cosplayers* participants and up to 2 helpers**. Each entry must consist of at least 1 Malaysian cosplayer participant.
- Participants entering the competition will go through the following process:
- Stage performance
- By entering the competition, participants have consented by default that:
- AniManGaki is not responsible for any damages to participants' costumes or props during performance.
- AniManGaki is not responsible for participants' physical damage or injury during performance. First-aid will be provided when necessary.
- AniManGaki is not responsible for any property or emotional losses during participants' performance.
- Participants are held responsible for any damages to stage equipment caused during performance.
- AniManGaki reserves the right to use participants' images and performance recordings for promotional purposes.
- AniManGaki reserves the rights to alter the rules or structure of the competition as we see fit.
- AniManGaki reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is deemed unsuitable for the competition, and judges' decisions are final. Have fun!
* Participants must cosplay as an official character from an officially released anime, manga or game. No original characters or fan-made characters. No mix of characters from different sources.
** Helpers must not be the center of the performance. Helpers are only meant to assist in the performance of cosplayer participants. For example:
- Set up props before the performance
- As a prop themselves
- As a background extra
- As a 'Mook'
- Clean up props after the performance
|Costume accuracy & craftsmanship (服裝道具)
|Character portrayal (角色還原度)
|Creative scripting (腳本創意)
|Skit execution (腳本執行)
|Entertainment value (演出效果)