Brought to you by:
Calling all pet owners,
Here is a chance for you to have fun, bond and make precious memories with your pets. Get creative and share with us a photo of your cute pets in cosplay costume! Swoon the hearts of many and your pet may walk away with these awesome prizes!
(Yes, you read right. This competition is now open to all pets legal in Malaysia!)
RM500 worth of pet products
RM350 worth of pet products
RM200 worth of pet products
Yugana Senshi Uon
Yugana Senshi Uon, was an In-House-Designer who worked as a Visual Merchandiser for high profile shopping malls before becoming a Full-Time-Stay-At-Home-Mom. She embarked into the world of cosplay in 2013. An International Cosplay Judge, consultant, and guest of many local and international events, and also the first ever cosplay competition crafting television series in Asia – Cosplay Heroes by Iflix. Yugana is also the Cosplay ambassador for ColourVUE contact lenses, and ambassador for Otakyun Sarawak. Currently, she is pursuing her Masters in Counselling.
Started her cosplay journey back in 2011, Dovaッ豆花, is an active cosplayer in the local ACG community. Together with her cosplay partner, Shinku_真紅, they have represented Malaysia at the Clara Cow Cosplay Cup (C4) in 2017 held in Netherlands, and the World Cosplay Summit (WCS) in 2018 held in Nagoya, Japan. Apart from that, she was also a Cosplay Competition Judge for various countries such as Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Bulgaria. She loves creating her own props and costumes; the more challenging they are the better! Photoshoots are also her favourite as she gets to portray artistic expression through them. (She can be a little extreme too, like committing to a photoshoot during her travels in Iceland.)
JY has been in the local cosplay scene since 2009. An enthusiastic cosplayer for the stage, JY has participated in multiple stage activities varying from Solo to Group Cosplay Competitions, Coswalk and Cosplay Panels. With active participation, comes the reward of achievements and experiences along the way, namely Champion of AniManGaki Group Competition 2015, Depulze, Game Plan, BookFest and etc. JY has also guested and judge for both local and international cosplay competitions. Strong character portrayal not only visually but in-character is what she held strongly throughout the cosplay journey. JY also holds an active role in the backstage of several ACG events. Nevertheless, don’t be fooled by her serious looks, Shiba Inu and Cats would probably make her go “O///w//O”
To win, qualified entries must be able to charm our panel of judges and have accumulated many likes on AniManGaki’s official Facebook and Instagram post.
Entries will go through a panel of judges using the following criteria:
|Creativity||Pet poses, camera angles||5|
|Overall Concept and Aesthetic||Overall look of the costume on the pet||5|
|Workmanship||Attention to detail of costume or props||5|
Voting process online will begin on 25th July, 2021 and ends on 12th August, 2021.
During the Public Voting period, each contestant is required to share their entry on their social media wall with a short write up on Why I Love My Pet (not more than 30 words).
- Please complete the registration form with required details. Should you encounter any submission difficulties, please email us at [email protected].
- Registration officially ends on 22nd July 2021 at 11.59PM (GMT+8).
- Every submission is final; please ensure all details provided are complete and accurate. Incomplete and inaccurate submissions will be disqualified.
- An acknowledgement email will be sent to you within 1 week of registration submission, confirming your participation in the competition.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- This competition is open to all Malaysians and non-Malaysians alike, but contestants must be a resident and living in Malaysia. For those under the age of 18, please seek parental/guardian consent before participating.
- This competition is open to all types of pets legally allowed in Malaysia only. If you are unsure whether your pet is eligible for the competition, please drop us an email at [email protected].
- As AniManGaki is a family friendly event, the following is not allowed:
– Replica of weapon and weapon as per the panel code
– Overboard violence and gore
– Alcohol and drug use
– Inappropriate poses
– Not being culturally mindful and sensitive
- Images submitted must be in portrait (4:3) mode with an image resolution of at least 240ppi in the form of Jpeg, tiff or png. Kindly send us high resolution images and do not compress your images.
- You are required to send us three (3) photos; one of You & Your Pet (without cosplay), one of your pet in cosplay, and a reference picture of the character they are cosplaying as. Your ‘pet in cosplay’ photo submission may be edited to enhance certain effects.
- Videos submitted must be in landscape (16:9) mode, with a resolution of at least 1080p in the form of MOV or MP4.
- You are required to send us one (1) video, with a maximum of 2 minutes in total, about your pet and why you chose the cosplayer character for your pet.
- Editing restrictions will be as below:
– Minor touch up
– Minor costume/prop touch up (ie smoothen slightly over prop or removing
– Minor liquify
– Digital composite of prop/costume accessories
– Brushing on makeup
– Digitally ironing out costume or completely smoothing our prop surfaces
- Contestants entering the competition will go through the following process:
– Judging and Voting Process
– Public Voting from 25th July and ends on 12th August, 2021
– Result to be aired live at AniManGaki Online on the 14th August 2021
- By entering the competition, contestants have consented by default that:
– AniManGaki & Pets Corner reserve the right to use participants’ images and performance recordings for promotional purposes.
– By submitting your entries, all participants agree and acknowledge that all intellectual property rights thereto shall belong to AniManGaki and Pets Corner. AniManGaki and Pets Corner shall have the exclusive right to use, edit, modify and publish the entry submitted by all the participants, publish or not publish the names of the participants, in any way it deems fit for any advertising, trade, promotional purpose and for any other reason whatsoever, without any further notice to the participants and the participants shall not claim ownership or any payment or compensation on the materials. For the avoidance of doubt, the submissions will not be edited for judging purposes.
– AniManGaki & Pets Corner reserve the rights to alter the rules or structure of the competition as we deem fit.
– AniManGaki & Pets Corner reserve the right to disqualify anyone who is deemed unsuitable for the competition, and judges’ decisions are final.
– All results given by judges are finalised and cannot be contested.
– AniManGaki & Pets Corner will not bear any cost related to the cosplay entry of the contestants.
– AniManGaki & Pets Corner will not be liable for any injuries sustained by owners / contestants. Contestants and owners must be accountable for their pets and
their own safety at all times.
- Participants must cosplay as an official character from an officially released anime, comics or game. No original characters or fan-made characters. No mixing of characters from different sources.
- Prizes will be sent to winning contestants within three (3) months after the event.
- Have fun!