Home cooks and chefs,
Let’s see you turn your animation, comics and games passion into food! Cook up a storm by channelling your inner creativity and win some awesome prizes!
worth of goodies
worth of goodies
worth of goodies
Consolation Prizes for all QUALIFIED Contestants
RM50 value of goodies
With a background in lecturing, food art was a turning point for Michelle Lim after she left her work life in academia. Her initial attempt and intention to inject visual appeal into her daughter’s food was far from Instagram-worthy. Despite starting off with no such intentions, Michelle’s efforts unwittingly led to business opportunities to collaborate with numerous established corporates/brands, while running workshops and demo sessions. As Michelle explored in her new career as a content creator/KOL, she was also given the opportunity to author two cookbooks,《Nutrilicious: Bento-licious & Party-licious》&《Bento For Kid 。儿童便当-有营又可爱.》
I’m Keem from Malaysia a mother of two adult children. I’m a homebaker, a baking instructor and also a classical Piano and vocal teacher. I started to have this passion in baking at a very young age where I used to watch my mom when she bakes… that’s the time she would teach me. I also love painting and crafts, so merging these two hobbies together has always been a challenge I gave to myself. But I only get to realised this dream last few years. At that time I was heavily inspired by the Japanese pattern cakes. I was so obsessed with it that I began to practice really hard, trying to make my cakes better in terms of art and texture. It was good timing actually, because at this age I feel I have more patience and creativity installed.
To win, qualified entries must be able to charm our panel of judges and have accumulated many likes on AniManGaki’s official Facebook and Instagram post.
Entries will go through a judging session using the following criteria:
|Creativity||Dish design & video presentation||5|
|Overall Concept and Aesthetic||Overall look of the dish||5|
|Cooking Process||Techniques and attention to detail||5|
|Bonus Points!||Include a Kewpie product||+2|
Voting process online will begin on 23/07/2021 and ends on 12/08/2021.
Ahmad Zaidi Azlan
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This competition is open to all Malaysians and non-Malaysians alike, but contestant must be a resident and living in Malaysia. For those under the age of 18, please seek parental/guardian consent before participating.
- This competition is designed to showcase participants’ ability to cook and present food in a cooking video. Participant must be the main chef of their dishes and presentation, contributing at least 70% of the cooking process. You may have assistants to help in the cooking process.
- Videography and photography rules:
– Video and pictures may be taken with full/half body view, hands only or any other ideas
you have or are comfortable with.
– You must take a picture of yourself (face included) with the final result of your dish for us to
verify that you did indeed cook the dish. We may request any additional pictures to identify – Video length must be between 2 to 5 minutes in length. Video format must be shot in at least 1080p or higher, landscape, and in mp4 format.
– Photo submitted must be in a 4:3 landscape format.
– Please do not make any needless remarks, suggestions and/or actions that may represent an agenda as this will be a public content. No politics, religion, racial, nudity and/or sexuality. Please do not swear, curse or use any foul gestures. A good rule of thumb is to keep it family friendly.
- Cooking Rules:
– You may use any cooking tools and utensils at your disposal. Please take the time, care and safety using them as you are still dealing with hot and/or sharp objects.
– You may use any ingredients as you please to complete your dish EXCEPT pork and alcohol. And also remember to minimize food wastage. (e.g., Please do not waste a dozen eggs trying to do a backhand toss over the shoulder and catching it with the other hand to do a single hand egg crack. Unless you can do so under 3 tries, then kudos to you for style points.)
– Your dish may be a) imitation-based (i.e., copy an existing dish in your favourite anime show) or b) portrayal-based (i.e., interpreting your favourite video game into food)
- Your submission may not be made commercially available, won any other prize/award nor previously submitted to any other contest. Violations of which will see entry be automatically disqualified. Only selected videos will be appearing on the livestream.
- Participants may enter as many submissions as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed. Only one dish per participant may be shortlisted.
- AniManGaki reserves the right to use submitted entries for promotional purposes.
- By submitting your entries, all participants agree and acknowledge that all intellectual property rights thereto shall belong to AniManGaki and Kewpie. AniManGaki and Kewpie shall have the exclusive right to use, edit, modify and publish the entry submitted by all the participants, publish or not publish the names of the participants, in any way it deems fit for any advertising, trade, promotional purpose and for any other reason whatsoever, without any further notice to the participants and the participants shall not claim ownership or any payment or compensation on the materials. For the avoidance of doubt, the submissions will not be edited for judging purposes.
- AniManGaki reserves the rights to use/remove contents provided by participants as deemed fit for viewing and distribution purposes
- AniManGaki reserves the rights to reject entries that violate any of the rules mentioned above.
- AniManGaki’s decisions are final on all matters relating to the contest.
- By participating in this contest, each participant accepts the conditions stated in the rules and agrees to be bound by the decisions of AniManGaki.
- For any questions or clarifications, email us at [email protected].